Being involved in a car accident can be traumatic, especially if you’ve been injured. Your whole world may seem upside down with medical bills mounting and possible legal implications looming.
You may be wondering if you should contact an Auto Accident Attorney Los Angeles, CA and if so, when you should call. The fact of the matter is that when the wreck occurred, the clock started ticking. You should call an experienced California Car Accident Lawyer – immediately. The sooner you get the process started, the sooner you’ll be able to put the nightmare behind you.
Dealing with injuries and escalating medical expenses is stressful. You are likely to be offered a settlement that is a mere fraction of what you may be entitled to and what you rightly deserve. When you’re in a financial bind, you may be tempted to take whatever is offered. A Car Accident Lawyer will inform you of your options and help you make important decisions.
Keep in mind that insurance companies are a business designed to make more profit than loss. They are concerned with minimizing their liabilities and aren’t necessarily worried about your best interest. It is their strategy to get off with paying the least possible amount so they may attempt to rush and pressure you to take an unfair settlement. They are not on your side, but your attorney is.
The whirlwind begins with your first medical bill. The expenses will continue to mount and all the while you may be unable to work. Rent or house payments stack up. You may face eviction and then what? Your utility and phone bills won’t stop coming because you are hurt. It’s natural to feel hopeless. But there is hope. By reaching out to an attorney, you’ve taken the first step towards a brighter tomorrow.
How Does Hiring an Auto Accident Attorney in Los Angeles Can Help?
Consulting with an Auto Accident Attorney Los Angeles as soon as possible is a wise decision because:
- When you have an attorney working on your behalf, you can focus on the most important thing you can do and that is to get better. As you relax and recover, your lawyer will be busy with all the legal details surrounding your case.
- As your case evolves, there are so many legalities to attend to, without an attorney, it would be completely overwhelming. Collecting evidence, providing documentation, and deadlines for filing vital information can prove to be too much to deal with unless you are a legal expert. Your lawyer will tend to these matters in a concise and timely manner so you don’t have to.
- Your chances of maximizing your compensation are greatly increased when you employ the help of a seasoned vehicle accident lawyer who will fight for justice and demand you get every penny you’re entitled to.
- Location matters. If your wreck was in Los Angeles, by hiring an Auto Accident Attorney Los Angeles, CA, you’ll have the advantage of your lawyer knowing the ins and outs of the local law and being familiar with the judges and other attorneys who may play a part in your case.
When Should You Make the Call?
Simply making the call to an LA Car Accident Attorney doesn’t mean you are required to commit. You can meet with one to find out if you will even need legal counsel for your case. Chances are you will as it is advisable for anyone who is making a claim within the justice system to have legal counsel but it’s certainly your call whether you go any further or not. The main thing is that you should contact a lawyer in your local area immediately following your accident.
Serious consideration should be given to hiring an LA Car Accident Attorney if:
- You suffered serious physical and/or emotional harm
- Your vehicle was severely damaged or totaled
- One or more members of the other party were injured or killed
- You are being blamed for the accident
- The other party is disputing fault
- Two or more vehicles were involved
- A pedestrian or motorcycle was involved
- An 18-wheeler or commercial vehicle was involved
- You are asked to give a statement to the opposing insurance company
- The accident was in a work or school zone
- You disagree with the police report
- The other driver was uninsured or underinsured
- You suspect the case will most likely go to court
Even minor collisions may warrant the need for an Auto Accident Attorney in Los Angeles, CA. Accidents that aren’t considered severe in nature can still spawn problems such as injuries, disputed property damage, an uninsured or underinsured drivers, and a host of other issues. Car Wreck Lawyers are able to help smooth out both severe and minor collision cases.
Meeting with an LA Car Accident Lawyer
Your first meeting with an LA Car Accident Lawyer will give you a chance to familiarize him or her with your case. In order to best do that, you will want to bring along a few things such as identification, the police report, a list of key factors concerning your case, medical records, the other party’s insurance information, names and numbers of any witnesses, any photographs or videos taken, any statements available.
If you can’t collect all of the information above, don’t worry. An LA Car Accident Attorney is there to take the stress off you, not to place more on you. He or she will understand.
You’ll want to hire a lawyer who is not only competent, but who is an experienced LA Car Accident Lawyer like the experts at Point Law Group. Contact Point Law Group today and set up a no-obligation evaluation at no cost at (310) 560-0606.