What is a Pedestrian Accident?
In larger, bustling cities like Los Angeles, pedestrian accidents are unfortunately common. A pedestrian accident typically occurs when a person who is walking, jogging, or running is involved in a traffic incident with a vehicle. In many cases, the result of such an incident can be serious injury or even death for the pedestrian.
When this happens, the victim or their family must seek legal counsel right away to ensure that they receive justice and fair financial compensation for all damages incurred. It is crucial to hire a Los Angeles civil litigation attorney who is experienced in these kinds of unique cases and who has an expert understanding of the many laws governing traffic incidents. The right pedestrian injury attorney
will seek financial settlements for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and even loss of consortium.
What is a Pedestrian Accident?
The right Los Angeles civil litigation attorney can help
Once you have suffered an injury in a pedestrian accident, you will want to hire a lawyer as soon as possible. The longer you wait, the harder it may be to establish fault and gather evidence that is necessary to support your case.
The best personal injury lawyers will work with you throughout the entire legal process. They will help secure witness statements, review medical records, and decipher any reports filed by local or state law enforcement. Your attorney will also help negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf so that you receive fair compensation for all damages incurred, including:
- Medical bills
- Broken bones
- Brain injuries
- Back injuries
- Internal injuries
- Permanent or temporary disfigurement
- Reconstructive surgeries
- Loss of wages
- Pain and suffering
- Physical therapy
- Emotional distress or trauma
- Pain and suffering
- And so much more
Ultimately, finding the right Los Angeles civil litigation attorney will make sure that justice is served and that you obtain the financial compensation that you deserve. But be careful. Not all personal injury lawyers in Los Angeles are alike.
It’s important to research prospective lawyers ahead of time to ensure that you hire someone who is experienced, knowledgeable, and committed to helping you obtain the maximum financial settlement that you deserve. Look for a pedestrian injury attorney with a proven track record of success.
The right lawyer can help you determine negligence. Was the driver distracted or impaired? Was the victim jaywalking or did she have the legal right-of-way? Was the victim a child? Different laws and ordinances may apply with children—and the potential financial settlement may be significantly increased.
10 Steps to follow for a pedestrian injury event
Immediately following any traffic accident—pedestrian or otherwise—it’s easy to become overwhelmed. But specifically, regarding pedestrian cases, it’s important to take the proper steps to ensure that you protect your rights and seek financial compensation for any damages incurred. Here are 10 steps to follow after a pedestrian injury event:
- Seek medical attention right away – even if you think your injury is minor, get examined by a doctor as soon as possible so that you have a record of treatment and diagnosis in case you need to file a claim.
- Take pictures of the accident scene and your injuries – take pictures using your cell phone or another camera to document the incident. Include any property damage that may have been incurred in the incident.
- Consult a Los Angeles civil litigation attorney – the sooner you contact an attorney, the better chance you have of recovering compensation for all damages incurred due to the incident. Your personal injury lawyer will know what steps to take to protect your rights and ensure justice is served.
- Collect contact information from witnesses – collect names, addresses, telephone numbers, and other pertinent details from anyone who saw what happened during the accident-. This information could be important evidence for your case.
- Don’t make any statements – wait until you have hired and consulted with your personal injury lawyer before making any comments about the accident, either written or verbal.
- Keep all documents related to the incident – keep copies of all paperwork related to the incident and any subsequent correspondence, including police reports, medical bills, etc.
- Document any pain or discomfort – be sure to document any pain or discomfort so that there is a record of when it began and if it progressed over time. This documentation will be crucial evidence should you need to file a claim in the future.
- Follow medical advice – follow medical advice provided by your doctor and take any recommended therapies, tests, or treatments.
- Don’t sign any documents without consulting your lawyer – never sign anything without first consulting an experienced personal injury attorney who can determine if it is in your best interest to do so.
- Avoid speaking with insurance companies – Never speak with representatives of the vehicle driver’s insurance company without your pedestrian injury attorney being present.
The right Los Angeles civil litigation attorney can make a big difference when seeking financial settlements after a pedestrian accident. They will negotiate with insurance companies on your behalf so that you receive fair compensation for all damages incurred, including medical bills, reconstructive surgeries, lost wages, physical therapy, emotional distress or trauma, and pain and suffering.
Ultimately, finding the right pedestrian injury attorney will make sure that justice is served and that you obtain the maximum financial settlement possible. So, don’t delay – contact a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer immediately following any pedestrian injury accident.
Hire the best personal injury lawyer in Los Angeles
Hiring the best and most experienced attorney is essential when navigating the complex legal process of seeking financial settlements after an accident. An experienced Los Angeles civil litigation attorney can provide you with the legal guidance and representation necessary to pursue justice and receive fair compensation for any damages incurred.
But always remember: Never make any statements or sign any documents without consulting your Los Angeles pedestrian injury attorney first. For more information on the proper role of an experienced and reputable personal injury lawyer in Los Angeles, contact The Point Law Group today.
I was in a recent auto accident and thank goodness I found Point Law Group. I contacted them and they responded immediately, answered all my questions, and started to take care of all my needs. Very professional staff and attorneys, hope you don’t need them, but if you do, call them right away! Thank you Point Law!
Troy Mueller joined my case at the request of one of his fellow attorneys. Ultimately Troy handled the case to and through its resolution. I have had decades of experience working alongside attorneys, and I was fortunate to have received Troy’s very dedicated and talented representation in this case. Troy’s representation was aggressive, responsive and most importantly effective. Troy earned my complete trust and thus my highest recommendation. During the lengthy legal processes, Troy was optimistic, smiling and pleasant to work with. Troy’s advocacy was flawless. Unlike others I have worked with Troy sought my input at the proper times and frequently used same to benefit the case. Troy was fearless throughout, and brought the case to a successful and meaningful conclusion.
The attorneys of Point Law Group were exceptional at helping me to resolve my legal issues. I always had an attorney speak to me whenever I called. My questions were promptly answered and my issues were completely resolved. I was fortunate enough to have direct contact with all three attorneys who were polite, compassionate, considerate, and understanding. If anyone has a personal injury or civil litigation issue they should contact Point Law Group because the attorneys fight vigorously for their client’s interest and make legal battles a walk in the park for the client. Thank you Point Law Group for all your hard work! Your firm was exceptional.